Sunday, January 16, 2011

Lynda Barry

I went to the Lynda Barry talk. There were a lot of people getting books signed and she spent a really long time with everyone individually and giving them each a chunk of drawing-wisdom. She is one nice lady and she had a lot of nice things to say when I told her I am also a lady-cartoonist. She even drew a picture for me in my sketchbook! Am I a lucky duck or what? I'm hoping my sketchbook has become enchanted by her Lynda Barry essence, and maybe my drawings will be half as lively and joyful as hers.


I don't exactly take notes, but I doodled and jotted down a few things.

2 comments:

  1. glad you were also able to attend, meghan. she was a real treat last night and there were lots of things she said i thought we needed to hear.

    i didn't have the opportunity to stick around to meet her and have anything signed. she seems really nice! i'm jealous of your near-sighted monkey.

    ~j

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't see you there! I could barely see anything, there was a much taller girl in front of me.

    I am delighted to have my treasure but I had to wait an hour and 20 minutes, and I was far from the last one in line. By the time I got to the front I was a little faded.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by the Drawsmall blog. Lay some comments on me!