Friday, January 8, 2010

Moleskine

So this past year I've been using one of these hardbacked Moleskine sketchbooks with the thick yellow pages. I think I bought it online so I could get free shipping on something else. Anyway, I am probably going to blow some minds when I say that I hate this godforsaken thing. One advantage of the moleskine, though, is that the pages are too slippery to really draw in pencil, at least to draw anything you'd like to keep! It's forced me to get drawing in pen again, which I haven't done as much as I should. At any rate, the year is done and the book nearly is too, so here is a highlights reel.















For those of you that are in the know, what I really want is one of the canson (black cover) spiral bounds but with half the pages inside and a thinner binding! I love the paper but I hate carrying them around, they're so bulky. If any of you know where I could get such a thing, please do be in touch!

6 comments:

  1. Oh man, Gaelle, this is the greatest endorsement I have ever received!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your very specific and professional categorization of assorted hotdog types is most impressive.

    I like your drawings, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. brilliant sketches! the ladies page is my favorite and i see you're using that perspective thing in the kitchen...nice! didja try the deserres brand harcover spiral bound 5.5 x 8 inches?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laura, I am nothing if not a scientific authority on varieties of hotdog. This drawing thing is more of a lark.

    Manny, thank you good sir! No I didn't try the hardbacked sketchbook, my mom got me another one before I could go to the store!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AnonymousMay 13, 2010

    You might be interested in this.
    http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookmonthliesmay
    Every month a theme is set and you buy a moleskin from them, when you are done the sketchbook is barcoded and added to their library or taken to exhibit.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by the Drawsmall blog. Lay some comments on me!